Saturday, March 20, 2010

MULTI-COLOURED SOCKS

My socks DO match. they're the same thickness.
-Steven Wright

Never run in the rain with your socks on
-Green Day

One can never have enough socks.
-Albus Dumbledore


Being a musician, I often have to wear head-to-toe black. As I find that to be insufferably boring, I have, in recent years, been given to little flights of fancy, slight deviations from to path if you will: embroidered shirts, pin-striped pants and funky shoes (usually Docs. Are Docs still funky? Thank God they’re back in style). To top this off, I never wear plain black socks.  Life is way too short for plain black socks. Here are pictures of a few of my favorite pairs.





























4 comments:

  1. It was hard to admit to myself that my beloved rainbow-striped toe-socks/foot-glove-socks (what DO you call them?) are actually not that comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You . . .KILLED her (geddit?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I always wear mismatched socks. Once I was in court, shadowing my mom (a family lawyer), and the sheriff pointed out that my socks didn't match. (Guess she saw them when I sat down...) Poor Mummy was mortified, as she is known throughout the legal community for her stylish shoes...

    ReplyDelete

Who the hell is this James guy anyway?

My photo
I'm a 39 year-old professional musician from Montreal.