Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'M BACK!

I have not been purposefully remiss in my bloggal duties. I haven't had internet access on the ship for a week. You see, the crew have to purchase $20 pre-paid internet cards, and when there ain't none left, there ain't no internet. It's been a long frustrating journey, and my resolve has been tested. I can't imagine what I did before Internet, because it's clear that I cannot live without it.

It's been a tremendously busy few days aboard the ms PS (let's call it that from now on, simply so the company doesn't sue me).  I organized a crew show, which basically means I had to sit through 3 hours of pointless rehearsals for mediocre acts (I don't think it's racist to say that the Filipinos have an unhealthy addiction to karaoke), transcribe 2 pop songs for the band, order the beer and pop for the performers backstage, set the running order, call all the departmental supervisors to make sure the performers can get off work at the appointed time, play the show, and get smashed in the crew bar afterwards.  It all went off without a hitch, but I was profoundly knackered by the end of the night.  There's been the usual running- around-like-a-chicken-with-my-head-cut-off sort of thing too. I've also arranged a 40 minutes show with 10 songs in 3 days.  So what I'm saying is; It's a good thing I haven't had internet for the past little while, because I probably wouldn't have posted much anyway.

However, our ship is going into wet dock to repair the engines, and I'll be off for 10 days in Auckland. So I'm sure to get back on the horse.

Thanks for your understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who the hell is this James guy anyway?

My photo
I'm a 39 year-old professional musician from Montreal.