Monday, April 5, 2010

MUSINGS version 3.0

I was in the crew bar last night, and what should pop up on the TV screen but the video for Total Eclipse of the Heart (the original, not the absolutely Hy-sterical literal video version!!). I mused out loud, but to no one in particular, that I remembered when that video came out.  A normally delightful 23-year old woman said to me: "What are you? 40? You're not that old!" And I said: "39, actually. And yes I am that old". To which she replied: "You are old."  In her defense, she was drunk.   But I would have never presumed to talk to an elder like that when I was her age. What is up with with you kids these days?

1 comment:

  1. The literal version of Ah-ha's "Take On Me" is even better. For one thing, the guy can sing on key.

    ReplyDelete

Who the hell is this James guy anyway?

My photo
I'm a 39 year-old professional musician from Montreal.