Saturday, April 3, 2010

MADAME ALIAS PART DEUX

My mom facebooked me today with this little tidbit:


I thought you might like a little (and that's the rest of the story) more about Mme. Alias (I still think of her like that). We taught together during my last year teaching at Maisonneuve. After you were born I brought you to the school and when she saw you she put her arms out and you (at 6 or 7 months old) reached out for her and gurgled happily in her arms. When she told me you were good in music (at the age of 7-ish), I thought it was because she liked me and wanted me to feel good about you being in that school. It was when she threatened to get you a music teacher herself and send me the bills that we realized she was serious (and I was a little intimidated by her), so we found Chris. I'm really glad we did.


So am I. And now you see from whence I get my love of parenthetical asides (like this one...)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize how often I used brackets (not that it will stop m though).

    ReplyDelete

Who the hell is this James guy anyway?

My photo
I'm a 39 year-old professional musician from Montreal.